Retreats are special times set aside for paying particular attention to the presence of God in one’s life. They are often most needed when there is little time for them. However, the benefits of “time away” when the pressures of life mount are incalculable. Someone once said, “I’m so busy, I cannot afford notto pray for two hours each day.” Likewise, retreats provide oases in our schedule to re-focus priorities and say “yes” to what is really needed rather than be run ragged by all that could be done.
Individual retreats can be self-guided or directed. Those on a self-guided retreat are welcome to participate in the Hermitage framework of Morning Prayer and community meals. A directed retreat combines the listening ear of a Spiritual Director with special time set aside for retreat. Guidance may include meditation on a particular passage of scripture and reflection questions to help identify the Spirit’s presence at work in the retreatant.
We gratefully receive what you are able to give for the use of this space. Those who give more make it possible for us to serve those who give less. Find a list of suggested donations for the services offered below. The suggested donations are given as a range, please give what you can. These costs do not meet our actual costs so any extra that can be offered is appreciated.
- Day Retreat with lunch (self-guided): $40-$50
- Day Retreat with lunch (directed): $60-$75
- Overnight with meals (single): $75-$90
- Overnight with meals (double): $100-$120
- Apartment overnight with meals (single): $100-$120
- Apartment overnight with meals (double): $125-$150
- Spiritual Direction (hour session): $50-$75
- Self-guided Week Retreat (6 nights): $325-$350
- Directed Week Retreat (6 nights): $500-$550
Monthly rates are discussed individually.