- This event has passed.
‘God’s love made edible’ fundraising retreat: Cultivating/Inoculating Mushrooms
April 28 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm$200
· Professor Emeritus MSU, Dr. Richard Leep, will lead a class on inoculating gourmet mushrooms on logs. Rich has several years of experience cultivating and marketing mushrooms. Rich will instruct on basic inoculation methods for backyard logs and for more extensive production.
Included with registration:
- A Hermitage prayer of thanksgiving for mushrooms.
- Instruction on types of mushrooms, log selection for species, etc.
- Participants will practice inoculating with the dowel and sawdust methods.
- Hermitage Lunch!
- 2 logs for each participant to bring home—your choice of two mushroom strains from the class—one shiitake and one oyster (60+USD value based on Field & Forest prices for inoculated logs).
- Additional logs available for 20USD each, various species, and strains.
Suggested donation 200 USD
Limit of 10 participants
Register by 20 April. Contact Troy at email@example.com
Invite anyone you know who may like to come for this event.