The Hermitage is...
... A place of retreat, following Jesus' pattern of taking time away from daily tasks in order to be fully attuned to the divine mission on this fragile earth home--letting go of control and emptying oneself--embracing healing; refusing the power our pain and fear have over us and submitting to the enabling freedom of God.
...A community of companionship where staff and other spiritual directors are prepared to walk with guests in dis cern ing the use of retreat time or on an ongoing basis--where we give the permission of silence to each other as we listen for God's voice--where each person is encouraged to cooperate with God in the ongoing process of being made a new creature in Christ.
...62 acres of rolling hills in southwest Michigan--private rooms, meeting space, prayer/meditation rooms, chapel, beautiful views, hospitable atmosphere, birdsong, and trails for leisurely walking.
...A church-related ministry endorsed by the Indiana-Michigan Conference of the Mennonite Church, USA.
- Feb 28, 2015 | Lent Quiet Day - Temptation
- Mar 2, 2015 | Lent Quiet Day - Temptation
- Mar 8, 2015 | Taize Evensong
- Apr 12, 2015 | Taize Evensong
- May 9, 2015 | Hermitage Way Retreat-Wholehearted Leisure
- May 10, 2015 | Taize Evensong
- Jun 14, 2015 | Taize Evensong
- Jun 19, 2015 | Retreat: Practicing Lectio Divina
- Jul 12, 2015 | Taize Evensong
- Aug 7, 2015 | Hermitage Jam Work Day
- Aug 8, 2015 | Feast of the Transfiguration
- Sep 13, 2015 | Taize Evensong
- Oct 3, 2015 | Hermitage Way Retreat-Simple Living
- Oct 11, 2015 | Taize Evensong
- Nov 6, 2015 | Introduction to Ignatian Spirituality
- Nov 8, 2015 | Taize Evensong
- Nov 30, 2015 | Advent Quiet Day
- Dec 5, 2015 | Advent Quiet Day Retreat
- Dec 13, 2015 | Taize Evensong