The Hermitage Seeks an Executive Director
The Hermitage, a retreat center in Three Rivers, Michigan, seeks a full-time Executive Director. As the main public representative of The Hermitage, the Executive Director will interface with staff, guests, and the board as well as network with other organizations to advance the mission of The Hermitage.
Rooted in the Anabaptist tradition and ecumenically oriented, The Hermitage is affiliated with the Indiana Michigan Conference of Mennonite Church USA. The ideal candidate would be familiar with Anabaptist theology.
The Hermitage seeks a person grounded in Christian contemplative spirituality and practice with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and joyful enthusiasm for the ministry of hospitality. The candidate will be committed to anti-racism and reconciliation. A graduate degree in ministry is strongly preferred. Facility with financial budgeting, business operations, office and scheduling software, and social media are requisite for this position.
Salary and benefits are negotiable, and housing on site is available and encouraged.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to The Hermitage by December 1, 2021. The tentative start date will be June 1, 2022. email@example.com or 11321 Dutch Settlement Rd, Three Rivers, MI 49093
Hermitage Community Executive Director job description
The Executive Director works to carry out the mission of the Hermitage, the guidance of the board of directors, and the Hermitage core community values and practices. To do this the executive director will:
- Provide administrative and spiritual leadership to the organization
- Manage reservations for groups and individuals and serve as a “welcoming presence” for guests
- Manage organization’s financial and other business responsibilities
- Oversee staff and volunteers to ensure the day-to-day work of the Hermitage is adequately conducted
- Conduct correspondence and communication maintaining social media and web presence, manage (e)mail lists, assist with email and print newsletters
- Serve as Board Liaison communicating effectively with board, staff, and constituency
- Work with development committee on fundraising, stewardship of gifts, donor relations
- Lead retreats as needed, and be available for spiritual direction as trained and able
- Participate in daily hospitality and maintenance tasks as needed
- Network with allied individuals and organizations